- 10/02/18 -
American Heritage Insurance Agency
1643 Liberty Road Suite 201, Eldersburg, MD 21784
As a current/prospective customer of American Heritage Insurance Agency, Inc., we would like to take this opportunity to both thank you for your business or contacting us and to share with you the importance we place on protecting the privacy of information we receive from you in accordance with applicable state and federal regulations.
II. What information we collect and the means used to collect it:
American Heritage Insurance Agency collects information about our customers that is necessary to provide services usual and customary to independent insurance agents. American Heritage Insurance Agency collects this necessary information from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms. This information may include, but is not limited to: your name, address, date of birth, and social security numbers.
- Information about our clients’ transactions with us; this information may include but is not limited to: claims, payment history, and billing inquiries.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency; this information may include, but is not limited to: driving records, insurance score reports and credit information.
To collect customer information from the above-stated sources, our agency may use the following means of communication to gather information: written, in-person and telephone interviews, facsimile, electronically and online.
III. How we share client information with non-affiliated third parties:
We don’t share information about our customers or former customers with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. For example, American Heritage Insurance Agency may share all of the information listed above with non-affiliated third parties for, including but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Information that is necessary to service or process the insurance needs of our clients, in a manner that is consistent with the usual and customary services provided by independent insurance agents. Such usual and customary services or processes provided to customers by American Heritage Insurance Agency, Inc. include but are not limited to: underwriting, shopping renewals, rating, placement, or providing quotes for insurance that is pertante to the coverage customer’s place with our agency.
- Information that is necessary to protect the confidentiality and security of client records.
- Information that is necessary to resolve client disputes or inquiries.
- Information that is required by individuals or entities that are assessing our legal compliance.
- Information that is required for American Heritage Insurance Agency to comply with the law.
- To an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies
- Information that is necessary to protect against or prevent frauds, unauthorized transactions, claims or liabilities.
IV. How we share client information with affiliated parties:
We do not share client information with any affiliate.
V. Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your information. These safeguards include but are not limited to the following:
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about our clients and former clients to only those employees who need to know that information to assist in providing services or products to our customers and prospective customers.
- Employees who share client information without permission will be punished.
- Our electronic communications are protected by a secure internet and email procedure to protect the confidentiality of electronic customers.