May 8, 2018
35 years. That’s a long time to be in business. We’ve seen over 5 presidents, and have seen Eldersburg, MD grow and change to what it is today. We’ve seen the change in the business environment move from carbon copies to emails and computers.
From Humble Beginnings
American Heritage Insurance Agency, Inc. started from humble beginnings. Our founder, Gerald F. Zoller, decided to leave the agency he was working for and build a business from the ground up. A business where everyone matters no matter what home they have or what kind of car they drive. He founded American Heritage Insurance Agency, Inc. .
A Little Walk Down Memory Lane
With this year being our 35th anniversary, we’ve been feeling pretty nostalgic. So we decided we’d take a look back over the years we’ve been in business as a Maryland insurance agency. Our inception wasn’t the only thing happening in 1983, here’s a little bit of what else happened that year:
- Nintendo unveiled a groundbreaking new game in Japan, the Mario Bros.
- The beloved children’s program “Fraggle Rock” debuted on HBO as one of its first original programs.
- Sally Ride becomes the first American woman to fly into space, with NASA’s STS-7 aboard the Space Shuttle Challenger. The Soviet Union had previously sent a woman into space in 1963 aboard Vostok 6, Valentina Tereshkova.
- President Reagan addressed the American Public, outlining his plans for the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI). It would come to be known as Star Wars.
- Hurricane Alicia hit the coast of Texas in August, killing 21 and causing billions of dollars worth of insurance claims and damage. Hurricane Alicia had wind gusts of up to 127 mph and ocean waves reached up to 12 ft in height.
- The final episode of hit series M*A*S*H airs, with a then record 125 million watching.
- Richard Noble sets a new land speed record of 633.468 mph, driving Thrust 2 at the Black Rock Desert in Nevada.
- Pink Floyd released “The Final Cut”, which would be singer and bass player Roger Waters last with the group.
- The highest grossing film of the year was Star Wars: Return of the Jedi with a domestic gross of $252,583,617.
We Hope To Serve Another 35 Years
It sure is fun looking back, but it can be just as fun looking forward. There will be more great albums, films, and shows in the future, and more American Heritage Insurance Agency, Inc. . We’ve been serving Eldersburg and other surrounding Maryland areas for 35 years now, and we can’t wait to see what comes next.
If you have any questions, or would like to receive a quote, feel free to give us a call at (410-552-1200), or stop by our Eldersburg, MD office.